I used to have a thing for purses, but lately it has been all about the pockets. This was a sign that I was slowly losing my feminine touch, then I saw this projects:
Awesomeness.
Projects like this brings out the accessory fashionista in me. I'll definitely be giving this project a try. Love the idea of using felt for the interior - I'll have to keeping it mind for future projects. For the tutorial, go here.
Some of you might not know that there are pre-cut plastic canvas sheets to buy. I bought mine from Joann's for $1.49. I actually found a seller on Etsy, selling the same thing for $1.50 plus shipping. Whichever rocks your boat.
Maybe I didn't start with a random color, but I like to play it safe when I do new projects. That way it allows me to make all the mistakes possible and make note along the way. Trust me, if I wrote down all the mistakes I made, I would have an epic book on my hands.So I may not be the sharpest dresser or a very fashion- forward person, but I do like my bling-bling and my accessories. They can either make or break the outfit. I decided on a red color and added some bling to it. It'll be perfect with a black or a white dress.
However, I wouldn't know a thing or two about matching. I'm the one who goes out with jeans, gray flip-flops, green shirt, and a bright blue purse. At least I have color in my wardrobe.
Bottom line: have some patient, pick out your color, get the pre-cut purse sheet (can even make one out of a square sheet), and get stitching!
Note: cutting out from a square sheet, might make your purse squarish. However, if that's the look you're going for, then by all means, go for it!
Happy plastic canvasing!

No comments:
Post a Comment