Be warned - this is a non-plastic canvas project, but it does involve "plastic" stuff.
I finally completed another project that had been collecting dust in the corner. This project was inspired from a pin on Pinterest - that website is becoming an obsession of mine lately. In the pin, a mirror or a clock was placed in the middle, but once again, I wanted to be a little outside of the box, or spoons in this case. I put in an inspirational quote instead.
You see, I'm going through a some changes in my life, so what's better than an inspirational quote to keep my focused on the goal at hand? You can say it, I'm genius. *takes a bow*
(I also apologize for the fuzzy photos, they were taken with my phone.)

I started this project because I found a couple bags of about 100 spoons for a buck each or something like that. So, I hauled my loot home and got to work... It took a whole lotta spoons, let me tell ya, and I ended up going to the store to get more. It was something like 350+ spoons.
Debated on the color for a while and decided on red for that pop of color. Then I let it sit in a corner for, oh, about six months. I wanted to print out my quote in a some elegant font, but I ran out of ink so finally, I gave up and just wrote down my quote. To make my life easier and since the "flower" was pretty lightweight, I just nailed through the cardboard in two different places and glued my quote in the center. Voila!
![]() |
| "Don't be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try." |
The flower is on the wall at the top of my stairs so when you walk in and look up, you'll see the flower, not so much the quote, but who cares.
Not bad for my first shot at the project, although I can think of several ways to do this better. There's always another time. Overall, it was a fun project.
Happy crafting!




No comments:
Post a Comment